June 10, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: MAC Surf, Baby! Collection

It's been a while since I've been excited for a M.A.C collection but I've actually bought quite a bit in Surf, Baby!. It has sort of a 70's beach theme, the packaging having a white casing instead of their traditional black with yellow, grey and red stripes and a red hibiscus flower design. I know some people don't care for it but I for one think it's kind of cute and old-school. What's most important though, is the products themselves which I think are great.
  • Eyeshadows: The colors in this collection are bright and perfect for Summer and I think they're the best shades M.A.C has come out in a long time. They're in either a Frost or Satin finish so they're really pigmented and easy to blend. The colors I bought were:
    • Saffron: Satin finish; medium reddish-burnt orange
    • Sun Blonde: Frost finish; medium warm golden yellow
    • Surf U.S.A: Frost finish; medium bright teal
    • Swell Baby: Satin finish; light grey

  • Surf the Ocean Crushed Metallic Pigment: These are similar to the regular Pigments that M.A.C sells but have more of a high-shine metal finish. The texture is also a bit denser and kind of ball up in the jar. I love all the shades in this stack, however the gold-bronze shade actually became a little runny and turned into a cream eyeshadow. I've read online that many people experience this and it's unknown to the cause of how it happens, especially since it's supposed to be a loose powder product. There really isn't anything you can do to fix it but I used a tissue to blot out the oil/liquid. They're pigmented and easy to apply although the pale aqua shade is a little sheerer than the rest, sort of an iridescent finish. The shades in this stack are:
    • Pale metallic aqua
    • Platinum silver
    • Dark graphite-blue
    • Metallic gold-bronze

  • Hibiscus Lipstick: A bright red-coral. It's a Cremesheen finish so  it has the creaminess of a lipstick with a slight dewy sheen like a gloss.

  • Tan-Tint Skinsheen Bronzer Stick: A matte medium bronze shade. This is a cream bronzer in a stick form, which makes it portable and great for travel.  There are 2 other shades that come in shimmery finishes but I chose this one because I can use it as a contouring product. The first swatch is the product applied directly on skin and the second swatch is the product blended out. It's very pigmented as you can see in the photo so very little product is needed. I like to pick up the  product with a dense face brush like M.A.C 109 and buff it into the skin to blend.

That's everything that I got from this collection! Like all M.A.C products that are in special packaging, these are limited edition. Out of all the products I bought, my favorites are the Crushed Metallic Pigments and the Skinsheen Bronzer Stick. Did you pick up anything in this collection? What are your favorites?



Glamour Girl

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks great. Thanks for the lovely swatches :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails