June 06, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: Beauty.com Friends & Family 20% Off

Drugstore.com/Beauty.com recently had a 20% off Friends & Family sale on their beauty.com site so I decided to take up on that offer. It was my first time shopping from the site so I decided to buy from brands that isn't easily accessible to me. Here's what I got!
  • It Cosmetics My Sculpted Face: A contouring and highlighting kit that includes a how-to pamphlet.  The palette contains 4 contouring powders and 2 highlighting powders plus 2 mirrors, one of which is magnified. You can easily find a shade that's right for you in the contouring powders but I wish there were more shades in the highlighting powders. I think they might be too light for darker skin-tones, especially with the matte white which I think could turn ashy or not show well. The powders are easy to blend and pigmented. I think it's a good palette for either personal use or to include in your kit if you're a Professional Makeup Artist. The shades that the contouring and highlighting powders contain:
    • matte white/shimmery white
    • matte light taupe/matte light beige
    • matte medium warm brown/matte dark brown

  • Cargo Miami Beach BeachBlush: Cargo makes several BeachBlush blushes that contain 4 stripes of color and give a blushed-bronzey effect to the cheeks. Miami Beach is a mix of shimmery pinks with a hint of peachy-bronze. In the swatches, I swiped each stripe separately and the last swatch was all the colors blended together. It's pigmented, has a smooth texture, and easy to blend.

  • Sue Devitt Koh Samui Silky Blush: I love nude/neutral-tone blushes because they go with any look, either natural everyday or even a dramatic eye and lip look. I've read great things about Sue Devitt's Koh Samui so I'd thought I'd try it out. It's a light neutral pinky-beige but not glittery or frosty, it just gives a natural glow to the cheeks. I have to mention that the blush compact is quite tiny compared to most blushes but I personally like it because it's great to just throw in your makeup bag for touch-ups and it's a slim chance that I'll finish it right away.

  • Z Palette Large Black Customizable Makeup Palette: I love palettes, either pre-made or empty ones, as they're much easier to store products in one place and to travel with. Z Palette comes in different designs like pink and zebra but I just got it in basic black, and they also come in a smaller size. The base is magnetized and so you need the product to be magnetic as well in order for it to stay in place, otherwise it'll just slide around. The packaging is plastic with a clear lid which is nice because it's so much easier to grab which palette you want without having to open each one. 

Well, that's it...I'm pretty happy with what I bought and with my experience from shopping at beauty.com. A plus when you shop from there is that you accumulate 5% credit towards your next purchase, which is a good incentive to shop again. Did you buy anything during the 20% off sale?


Glamour Girl

2 comments:

  1. Hi,I had a question? How do you like the contour kit from It cosmetics,I'm debating on getting it and have been looking for something to contour with. Ay suggestions ? Thnx,love your blog by the way. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ vanessarm818

    I like the kit. I think if you use all the shades it's a good value. You could also use a darker powder foundation, a matte bronzer, or matte nude-brown blush to contour as well.

    Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails