June 23, 2011
Last week I took a trip down to Target with my family, which I don't go too often as it's a bit out of town. My sister said they had some cute clothes and accessories so I thought I'd check it out. Even though it's just Target, I still managed to spend quite a bit...
First up, skincare and body products:
- Boots Botanics Moisturizing Mask: Lately I've been wanting to try facial masks so I picked this up because it's for normal-to-dry skin types and is meant to hydrate the skin. You leave it on cleansed skin for 5-10 minutes and remove the residue with a damp wash cloth. I really like this mask because it seems to absorb into the skin and makes my skin feel smooth and moisturized afterwards.
- Neutrogena Energizing Citrus Sugar Scrub Body Exfoliator: With my dry skin I'm always looking for a good body scrub. I like it to have a thick texture with alot of exfoliating beads versus it just being liquid-y, nothing that's too rough on the skin, and not feel oily on the skin. This was the last one on the shelf and I've never seen it at any other drugstores but thought I'd give it a try and boy am I glad I did. The sugar crystals are gentle but still feels like it sloughs away the dead skin and leaves my skin buttery smooth but not greasy feeling. It has a pleasant lemon scent that's not overpowering. My hands feel a little slippery afterwards so I make sure to use it as my last step in my shower routine. It comes in a nice size tub as well and so I think it'll last for a long while but I'll definitely repurchase it when I run out.
Next, the makeup products:
- Boots No.7 Khaki Stay Perfect Eye Mousse: I bought one of these before in the shade Fudge, a shimmery light neutral-brown, and really liked it so I picked up another shade, Khaki, which is a shimmery light golden khaki-green. The texture is creamy, easy to blend, and lasts well on the eyes over a base.
- Boots No.7 20 Nude Line & Define Lip Pencil: Makeup Artist Lisa Eldridge has a Channel on YouTube and is also Creative Director for Boots No.7, created this lip liner shade for herself as she was looking for this specific color. It's a light neutral blend of pink, peach, and brown that could work with any natural shade of lipstick or gloss. The texture is also smooth and easy to apply. It's a retractable pencil and has a little sharpener at the end so you'll always be able to create a defined lip.
- Sonia Kashuk Eyelashes: I've bought the Full Glam Eyelashes before and have used them in my tutorials and so I thought I'd try Full Volume Eyelashes. I bought 2 Full Volumes to layer together and the result was very dense lashes but not much length. I personally like Full Glam more because it gives me the right amount of length and volume for drama but with the criss-cross design, it still looks natural.
I wasn't able to find any cute jewelry at Target but did find 2 dresses. Again, they are strapless but both have a sweetheart neckline which I think is a really cute cut. I like strapless dresses because I can layer it with a cardigan when I just want a light cover-up or a blazer to dress it up for evenings.
|Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Sweetheart|
Strapless Orange/Cream Floral Dress
|Xhilaration Sweetheart Strapless|
Brown & Flower Dress
That's it for my haul...I think I did pretty well in finding some new favorite products, I hope to go to Target more often now. What do you like to shop for at Target?
♥ Glamour Girl
June 14, 2011
June 10, 2011
It's been a while since I've been excited for a M.A.C collection but I've actually bought quite a bit in Surf, Baby!. It has sort of a 70's beach theme, the packaging having a white casing instead of their traditional black with yellow, grey and red stripes and a red hibiscus flower design. I know some people don't care for it but I for one think it's kind of cute and old-school. What's most important though, is the products themselves which I think are great.
- Eyeshadows: The colors in this collection are bright and perfect for Summer and I think they're the best shades M.A.C has come out in a long time. They're in either a Frost or Satin finish so they're really pigmented and easy to blend. The colors I bought were:
- Saffron: Satin finish; medium reddish-burnt orange
- Sun Blonde: Frost finish; medium warm golden yellow
- Surf U.S.A: Frost finish; medium bright teal
- Swell Baby: Satin finish; light grey
- Surf the Ocean Crushed Metallic Pigment: These are similar to the regular Pigments that M.A.C sells but have more of a high-shine metal finish. The texture is also a bit denser and kind of ball up in the jar. I love all the shades in this stack, however the gold-bronze shade actually became a little runny and turned into a cream eyeshadow. I've read online that many people experience this and it's unknown to the cause of how it happens, especially since it's supposed to be a loose powder product. There really isn't anything you can do to fix it but I used a tissue to blot out the oil/liquid. They're pigmented and easy to apply although the pale aqua shade is a little sheerer than the rest, sort of an iridescent finish. The shades in this stack are:
- Pale metallic aqua
- Platinum silver
- Dark graphite-blue
- Metallic gold-bronze
- Hibiscus Lipstick: A bright red-coral. It's a Cremesheen finish so it has the creaminess of a lipstick with a slight dewy sheen like a gloss.
- Tan-Tint Skinsheen Bronzer Stick: A matte medium bronze shade. This is a cream bronzer in a stick form, which makes it portable and great for travel. There are 2 other shades that come in shimmery finishes but I chose this one because I can use it as a contouring product. The first swatch is the product applied directly on skin and the second swatch is the product blended out. It's very pigmented as you can see in the photo so very little product is needed. I like to pick up the product with a dense face brush like M.A.C 109 and buff it into the skin to blend.
That's everything that I got from this collection! Like all M.A.C products that are in special packaging, these are limited edition. Out of all the products I bought, my favorites are the Crushed Metallic Pigments and the Skinsheen Bronzer Stick. Did you pick up anything in this collection? What are your favorites?
♥ Glamour Girl
♥ Glamour Girl
June 09, 2011
You may have noticed I've been doing quite a bit of online shopping and so my latest site is from Topshop, a brand that I first discovered during my Japan trip. It's a UK clothing brand that also sells cosmetics. I had gotten an email offering a free surprise gift bag if you ordered any makeup product. The makeup gift bag contained:
- Facial Cleansing Wipes: 25 wipes that contain aloe vera and cucumber to cleanse, tone, and moisturize your face. You can use it to remove your makeup but it doesn't remove eye makeup, especially waterproof products, very well in my opinion. I don't use makeup wipes for everyday cleansing but find them convenient to take on trips.
- Jet Felt Pen Eyeliner: A matte black shade, a liquid eyeliner that is supposed to be long wearing but not waterproof. The felt tip applicator is quite firm and has a nice point to create a thin or winged out line.
- A set of colorful bobby-pins.
- Flush Blush: A cream-to-powder blush. It's a bright but somewhat sheer light matte warm pink that gives a natural "flushed" look to your cheeks. The texture is creamy, easy to blend, and lasts long.
- Lip Stick: I've bought 3 shades before and love them because they're creamy, pigmented, and easy to apply like a giant pencil. The other colors I've bought have a slight glossy sheen but these 2 seem to be matte. They also seem to have a drier texture but using a lip balm underneath would help in feeling a little more moisturizing. The shades seem to be limited edition as the ones I had bought previously aren't on the site anymore and so if you want to buy them, get it before it's sold out. The 2 shades I bought were:
- Coy: matte light coral
- Enamoured: matte light pinky-beige
- Perpetual Semi Permanent Liner: A dark charcoal grey with a slight metallic sheen. This is a liquid liner that is waterproof, smudge-proof, and doesn't flake off. I love these kinds of liners because they're the only ones that last on me, especially on the lower lash line, I use these as a base for laying eyeshadows on top.
Last but not least item that I got from Topshop was a cropped blazer. I've never ordered clothes online before, especially when it's from another brand and the sizes are a little different. Luckily, it fits perfectly on me and it's a great piece that I can layer over just about anything, especially if I want to dress up an outfit for the evening.
That's it for my online shopping! Do you have any favorite websites that you like to shop from? Let me know!
|Jersey Cropped Jacket|
♥ Glamour Girl
June 06, 2011
Drugstore.com/Beauty.com recently had a 20% off Friends & Family sale on their beauty.com site so I decided to take up on that offer. It was my first time shopping from the site so I decided to buy from brands that isn't easily accessible to me. Here's what I got!
- It Cosmetics My Sculpted Face: A contouring and highlighting kit that includes a how-to pamphlet. The palette contains 4 contouring powders and 2 highlighting powders plus 2 mirrors, one of which is magnified. You can easily find a shade that's right for you in the contouring powders but I wish there were more shades in the highlighting powders. I think they might be too light for darker skin-tones, especially with the matte white which I think could turn ashy or not show well. The powders are easy to blend and pigmented. I think it's a good palette for either personal use or to include in your kit if you're a Professional Makeup Artist. The shades that the contouring and highlighting powders contain:
- matte white/shimmery white
- matte light taupe/matte light beige
- matte medium warm brown/matte dark brown
- Cargo Miami Beach BeachBlush: Cargo makes several BeachBlush blushes that contain 4 stripes of color and give a blushed-bronzey effect to the cheeks. Miami Beach is a mix of shimmery pinks with a hint of peachy-bronze. In the swatches, I swiped each stripe separately and the last swatch was all the colors blended together. It's pigmented, has a smooth texture, and easy to blend.
- Sue Devitt Koh Samui Silky Blush: I love nude/neutral-tone blushes because they go with any look, either natural everyday or even a dramatic eye and lip look. I've read great things about Sue Devitt's Koh Samui so I'd thought I'd try it out. It's a light neutral pinky-beige but not glittery or frosty, it just gives a natural glow to the cheeks. I have to mention that the blush compact is quite tiny compared to most blushes but I personally like it because it's great to just throw in your makeup bag for touch-ups and it's a slim chance that I'll finish it right away.
- Z Palette Large Black Customizable Makeup Palette: I love palettes, either pre-made or empty ones, as they're much easier to store products in one place and to travel with. Z Palette comes in different designs like pink and zebra but I just got it in basic black, and they also come in a smaller size. The base is magnetized and so you need the product to be magnetic as well in order for it to stay in place, otherwise it'll just slide around. The packaging is plastic with a clear lid which is nice because it's so much easier to grab which palette you want without having to open each one.
Well, that's it...I'm pretty happy with what I bought and with my experience from shopping at beauty.com. A plus when you shop from there is that you accumulate 5% credit towards your next purchase, which is a good incentive to shop again. Did you buy anything during the 20% off sale?
♥ Glamour Girl