May 24, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: MAC, Boscia, Bath & Body Works, Origins, Victoria's Secret

Last week I had lunch and did a little shopping with my friend Hyang, whom I did makeup on before. I didn't buy much, but here's what I got!

We first stopped at M.A.C, as we both had B2M empties to exchange. I helped Hyang pick Dazzlelight Eyeshadow, a neutral cream shade with a slight frosty sheen that's great as a highlight color, as her B2M item. As for me, coral shades are "in" for Spring/Summer this year so I B2Med Costa Chic Lipstick and also bought Vegas Volt Lipstick. They look very similar in the tube and even in the photo, but they're quite different. Costa Chic is a light pinky-coral and has a slight frosty sheen. Vegas Volt is a brighter orange-coral with no shimmer or sheen to it, just a creamy finish.

I also picked up Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in On the Hunt, a basic black shade. I've read many raves for this liner online, so I thought I'd try it out. It has a felt tip applicator that has enough bend and firmness so it's easy to apply. It comes to a nice point which make it easy to draw a thin line and a flick at the end to create a winged liner. Like the name, it's quite "slick" and a wet formula so it takes a few minutes to completely dry. Although this liner has many positives, it doesn't last too well on me. My eyes are  sensitive and so when it's watery, it chips away the liner a bit at the outer corners. If you don't have that issue, I can see it lasting long on most people and overall it's a nice product.

We then stopped at Sephora and I helped Hyang find a new lip color. I told her about jumbo lip pencils which are like a lipstick, gloss, and pencil in one. She ended up with Sephora's Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in 02 Fancy Red, which I've bought and reviewed here. It's interesting how skin-tones makes a huge difference when wearing the same product because on Hyang, Fancy Red looks like medium berry-red and on me it's a bright true-red (I wore it here)! Looked great on her though!

After watching nurberxo's video raving about Boscia Luminizing Black Mask, I went ahead and bought one myself. It's a peel-off mask that is supposed to pull dirt and oil while gently exfoliating the skin, shrink the pores, and brighten the overall complexion. I tried it out and you need to apply a thick even layer to be able to peel it off in one piece. Whatever residue that's on the skin, you can use a damp wash cloth to clean it off. I didn't see any of the clogged pores like I do using Biore stripes because it's hard to see it on a black mask  but after using the mask, I felt my skin was smoother, especially on my nose, forehead and chin.

Bath & Body Works recently opened at Ala Moana Shopping Center so I wanted to check it out since I've never been there and have heard many people love that store. I went in looking for a body scrub but didn't find any that I liked (recommendations anyone?) so instead I bought 5 hand sanitizers for $5. Gemini is my mom's sign so I picked up one for her. Libra is my sign...hey, you gotta have clean hands when applying makeup!

I also picked up Patricia Wexler M.D. Acne Spot Treatment with Acnostat at Bath & Body Works. It's sort of similar to the ClickR No More Derma Drama Acne Spot Serum that I've reviewed before, in that you can apply it anytime a blemish pops up and even apply under makeup. It comes out white but once applied and dried, it blends in clear. This has 10% benzoyl peroxide so I think it's a little stronger and works faster in treating the acne. Also, because it's in a squeeze tube, I think it's more sanitary than the brush applicator that's on the ClickR pen.

Well that's all I got during our shopping trip! A couple of other random things I wanted to add to this post is that later on during the week, I bought Origins Make A Difference Skin Rejuvenating Treatment Lotion. I needed to get a toner and so I thought I'd try Origins since I liked the other products I've bought from them. This toner is for combination to dry skin and is supposed to rehydrate, repair, and protect the skin from the environment and from aging. So far I like this toner because it doesn't feel drying, instead it seems to moisturize the skin. I use toner after removing any makeup residue is left on my skin after cleansing and even on days that I'm not wearing makeup, to cleanse my skin from the dirt and oil.

Hyang gave me one of her Victoria Secret Flexible Hold Hair Spray that she got during a special deal. It has a scent to it and lasts pretty well on your hair. She also gave me a few photo-taking tips so hopefully pictures on my blog will look better now! Thanks Hyang! ;)


Lastly, here's a cute photo of us eating lunch at Romano's Macaroni Grill! :)
Yummy tiramisu! :9


Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails