March 13, 2011

Japan Earthquake & Tsunami Relief

I'm sure everyone has heard about the 8.9 magnitude earthquake disaster in Japan that happened on March 11, 2011. There was also a tsunami warning throughout the Pacific, where people needed to be evacuated but fortunately the tsunami didn't come our way (I live in Hawaii). As you may know, my family and I went to Japan for vacation last year and during that trip, we actually felt a small earthquake while eating out at a department store. Just a small shake was a little scary, I can't imagine what people there are experiencing. I'm fortunate that my family and I aren't there right now and that our friends living there are ok. All of us definitely need to do something to help the people who are suffering. There are still aftershocks in Japan that will supposedly continue for several days, at least 10,000 people are expected to be injured and dead, and millions of people are without a home, food, water, and nuclear power plants are a threat to spreading radiation exposure.

I know it's fun to buy the latest beauty product but if we just use the money that we would spend on an eyeshadow or a lipgloss and instead donate it to earthquake and tsunami relief efforts, millions of people could be helped and saved. I've used Network for Good, a safe and easy website that will donate to the charity of your choice. I made a badge that you can simply click on to donate to the International Relief Fund for the American Red Cross. However you choose to donate, please do so that we can help everyone during this tragic time.


* I am not affiliated with or sponsored by Network for Good or The American National Red Cross.

Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails