February 22, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: Urban Decay

This should probably be under my Christmas post because I was given a Sephora gift card but since I bought this later, I thought I'd do a separate post. Urban Decay's Naked palette has been super popular since it launched and was sold out for the longest time, so when Sephora finally restocked, I thought I'd pick one up. To be honest, I wasn't that eager to get it when it was first released. I mean I love neutral shades and UD's eyeshadows are generally very smooth and pigmented, but since this is a permanent product in their line, I felt like I didn't need to rush out and get it right away.

Anyhow, I'm sure most of you know about this product. It contains a mini Eyeshadow Primer Potion, 12 full-size eyeshadows, and a dual ended eyeliner 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner Pencil. UD has recently repackaged it to instead of the eyeliner pencil, you get a full-size Good Karma Eyeshadow brush. The whole set costs a few dollars more but they did this because they couldn't produce the eyeliners quick enough to sell the palette. I bought this before the repackaging so that is what my review will be based on. Colors include:

Eyeshadows:
  • Virgin: Satin-shimmer off-white
  • Sin: Shimmery pale champage-pink, permanent shade in the line
  • Naked: Matte light beige
  • Sidecar: Shimmery beige-taupe with silver sparkles
  • Buck: Matte medium taupe
  • Half Baked: Metallic warm gold, permanent shade in the line
  • Smog: Metallic medium golden bronze, permanent shade in the line
  • Darkhorse: Shimmery dark green-pewter
  • Toasted: Metallic pinky-beige brown, permanent shade in the line
  • Hustle: Satin-shimmer dark brown
  • Creep: Shimmery black
  • Gunmetal: Metallic blue-grey with silver sparkles,  permanent shade in the line
24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner Pencil:
  • Zero: Matte black
  • Whisky: Matte dark chocolate brown
The eyeshadows are of great quality, smooth and well pigmented. The shades are neutral and wearable but with the shimmer, it adds a little fun. You can also easily go from a day-time school/work look to a dramatic night look with it. The eyeliners are creamy, waterproof, and just a nice product to have in the palette. The velvety cover is nice and even though I think the length of  it is a little long, I'd prefer if it were more square and compact, I still think it's great to travel with. I also wish there were a few more matte finish eyeshadows, as using all shimmer doesn't give enough depth to the eyes. Overall, I think this is a really good deal for the price.

Another Urban Decay product I picked up was the Dew Me Moisturizing Makeup Setting Spray. There are different setting sprays for each skin type and are originally made by Skindinavia. Since on the back of the bottle it says it's by Skindinavia, I guess they let UD license it. I've gotten a sample of the All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Spray from Sephora's Beauty Insider points before but thought the Dew Me would be better for my normal-dry skin. Dew Me says it's best for combination-to-dry skin, supposed to keep the makeup lasting for 16 hours, and lower the skin's surface temperature with Encapsulated Cooling Technology. It sets the makeup without drying out the the skin and gives a dewy finish. Compared to the All Nighter spray, which  left a light tackiness finish on my skin that I didn't really like, Dew Me did not. To be honest, I'm not sure if I notice a huge difference in how well my makeup lasts with or without this spray. I've never really had a problem with my foundation wearing off but sometimes my cheek products fade a bit, and so I've noticed that it seems to last better with the spray. Overall, I'm not sure if I would repurchase it.

Have you grabbed the Naked palette or do you think it's overrated? Have you tried any of the makeup setting sprays and do they make any difference for you?


Glamour Girl

1 comment:

  1. read the review and loved it.
    Little sis bought me one since I showed her your blog and the swatches you have. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails