I've used and loved Sephora by O.P.I Nail Colours before and picked up the 18 Piece Mini Nail Colour Set. The bottles are about half the size of the regular Nail Colours and I actually prefer the small size because you can get about 2-3 uses out of them and change up the colors, without worrying about the product drying up. If you're someone that likes to paint your nails often, I think this is a fun set to have or nice to give as a gift. The colors are all permanent and include:
- A True Romantic, Techno Girl, Access 24/7, Ms. Can't Be Wronged, What a Broad, Just a Little Dangerous
- Cab Fare, Caniente Coral, Special Request, High Maintenance, Sample Sale, I'm With Brad
- Leaf Him at the Alter, Mermaid to Order, Opening Night, Already Famous, Dating the Drummer, Never Enough Shoes
Next up are a couple of blushes and lip products. I've wanted to try Korres products and picked up #15 Natural Blush, a shimmery warm light bronze-nude shade. The quality is great for being a "natural" brand; it's pigmented, smooth texture, and the finish has a subtle sheen without the shimmer being frosty or glittery. After being happy with this product, I'll definitely check out more products from them.
The next blush is by TheBalm, which I've bought a few products from before and loved. Cabana Boy is a medium dusty rose color with a satin finish that mainly appears matte on the skin but gives a natural rosey flush. It's very pigmented so very little product and a light hand is needed. What's great about TheBalm blushes is that you can also use them as an eyeshadow, which I've tried myself and have to say it works well.
The first of the 2 lip products that I bought is Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25, which I've read great reviews for. I bought a set that was on sale and it came with 2 lip balms, one in Natural Mint & Shea Butter, the other in Vanilla & Lavender. The texture is nice, smooth and kind of reminds me of Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment that I used to use but it's not as thick. The scent of these are really strong though, especially the Vanilla & Lavender - the lavender is a bit overpowering and lasts for quite a while. As nice as the texture is and has a high SPF, I don't think I'll repurchase them.
The next lip product I bought simply because I lost my M.A.C Portside Cremestick Liner while I was in Japan (sad face here) and I've been wanting to try Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencils. I bought it sight-unseen and untested in the color Matte Dark Raspberry 11C and would say the shade is pretty close to M.A.C's Portside but leans a little more on the plum side. The texture is similar to the Aqua Eyes Eyeliner, smooth but kind of a dry texture, and it's pigmented and does last long on the lips.
Next product is a limited edition eyeshadow palette by Josie Maran Cosmetics, a brand that I've been becoming obsessed with and will post more about later. The Eye Love You palette was made for Fall 2010 but I bought it on sale. It contains 8 eyeshadows, all are shimmery or have a bit of sparkle to them. The shades compliment each other and can be worn for a multitude of looks but I do wish there were a couple of matte shades to give the eyes some depth. The quality is smooth and has a good pigmentation but it would appear stronger with a cream base underneath. Sephora.com doesn't have it anymore but you can still purchase this on josiemarancosmetics.com. The shades consists of:
- Radiance: shimmery white-cream
- Crown: shimmery silver
- Cinnamon: shimmery pinky-champagne, one of their most popular colors and the only permanent shade in this palette
- Cabernet: shimmery dark plum-brown
- Feather: shimmery warm-pink
- Adorn: shimmery medium plum-purple with gold sparkles
- Royal: shimmery medium indigo blue
- Cloak: matte black with silver sparkles
- In the Flesh LipFusion Infatuation: beige nude lip-plumping lipgloss
- Illumifill Line Filling Luminizer: a roll-on product that has light reflecting properties to fill in lines and brighten the face. I haven't tried it and actually gave it to my mom, as I don't think it would really work on me (not yet anyway).
- LipFusion XL: mint-flavored lip plumping treatment to be used at night
- LashFusion XL Micro-Technology Instant Lash Voluminizer: lengthening mascara
- Crave LipFusion Color Shine: warm pink with gold shimmer
♥ Glamour Girl