February 12, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: Christmas 2010

Clearly I'm behind on my blog, but here's a quick post on some of the beauty things I had gotten for Christmas last year.

Suqqu is a little hard to find to buy online but my sister found a website, http://ichibankao.com, that sells it as well as other Japanese brands. Unfortunately, they don't sell the brushes but she did buy me a Blend Color Eyeshadow palette in 05 Sakurakaba. The texture is smooth and not too powdery but the pigmentation is more on the sheer side. The shades are very wearable which makes it great for people who don't want strong colors and just want a simple everyday look. The colors aren't labeled but consists of:
  • Iridescent pinky-peach, pretty inner corner or lid color
  • Shimmery peachy-brown, adds warmth to the eyes
  • Matte dark brown, the most pigmented eyeshadow of the 4 and nice for the crease or as a liner
  • Matte vanilla, all over base color

I've been wanting Make Up For Ever's 12 Flash Color Case for a couple years now and it was sold out during the Sephora Friends & Family sale but my mommy got it for me for Christmas! :D lol. It has 12 cream products that are multi-purpose for  the eyes, face, and lips. You can buy these colors individually but what's great about putting it into a palette is that it's convenient for for Makeup Artists who need to mix colors on the spot or for people who like to experiment with colors. The packaging isn't air-tight (it just has a clear cover lid) but I'm hoping the creams don't dry out so I'm not too worried. The colors are:
  • Gold 004, Coral 002, Turquoise 000, Fuchsia 005, Yellow 013, Brown 023
  • Silver 003, White 010, Red 017, Bright Blue 014, Leaf Green 008, Black 011

My mom also got me Josie Maran Beauty in a Box: Orglamic Revolution, a limited edition set (you can now purchase products individually at josiemarancosmetics.com) that contains 6 products to create a smokey glam look. In the box you get:
  • 0.5 oz Argan Oil
  • Argan Eyeshadow Quad:
    • Partaga: shimmery deep brown with gold flecks
    • Cloak: matte black with silver sparkles
    • Valencia: shimmery copper
    • Cinnamon: shimmery pinky-champagne
  • Birthday Suit Argan Infused Lipstick: peachy-beige nude, very creamy and pigmented.
  • Raven Argan Infused Eyeliner: matte black, smooth and easy to smudge out for a smokey liner.
  • 0.11 oz GOGO Instant Natural Volume Mascara: black, water-resistant. GOGO, or Get One Give One Campaign, is a cause in which when you buy a full size GOGO mascara, one will be donated to cancer patients/survivors and profits from the mascaras will be donated to City of Hope for cancer research.
  • Optimism Argan Natural Volume Lipgloss: sheer light beige with gold shimmer, non-sticky texture and with a slight sweet coconut-oil scent.
This wasn't included in the set but I got Natural Lip Liner, also by Josie Maran Cosmetics, a beige nude shade. It has a creamy texture and the color is similar to M.A.C Stripdown Lip Pencil.


I've heard great things about Makeup Artist's Rae Morris makeup books, who also has a YouTube Channel, and my mom got me a couple of them. Makeup: The Ultimate Make Guide is actually used in some beauty schools as required curriculum. It contains detailed information from basic makeup like brushes and foundations, to more advanced applications like contouring and highlighting. Beautiful Eyes: The Ultimate Makeup Guide actually has some of the same photos as in the other book but it goes into more step-by-step how-to of achieving the eye looks.



The last beauty item I got was from my sister, The Show Must Go On Nail Lacquer from O.P.I's Burlesque Collection. It's a shimmery bright pinky-red that flashes coppery-red at different angles.

Well, that's it for what I got for Christmas last year...Did you receive any fun beauty gifts? Let me know in the comments below!


Glamour Girl

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm excited to hear your opinions on the Josie Maran Cosmetics. I won a couple of items from a facebook giveaway they had and I'm rather interested in trying more

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails