February 15, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: Beaute Cosmetics

Beaute Cosmetics offers Facebook fans 20% off with the code beautefacebook on their website, beaute-cosmetics.com, and I've been interested in trying their products so I thought I'd order some things. The brand is created by Makeup Artist Beau Nelson, who's done makeup on countless celebrities such as Kristen Stewart and Blake Lively.

First up, I bought Luminous Volume Gloss in If, a sheer-to-medium, light creamy salmon-peach shade. These actually have lip-plumping ingredients that is also supposed to help moisturize the lips but I don't notice any tingling sensation or my lips looking fuller. The texture is smooth with a slight tackiness to it but definitely not as sticky as M.A.C Lipglasses. The taklon brush is quite small and pointy but it's nice for a precise application, especially for the corners and cupid's bow of the lip.

Next, I bought 2 Weightless Lip Cremes which are liquid lipsticks so they have a pigmentation of a lipstick but with a shine of a gloss and without the stickyness. Wanted is a light nude-beige and Trace is a light pinky-beige, both with no shimmer. They have a doe-foot applicator and have a very smooth texture.

Lastly, I bought Liqui-Gel Stains which are sheer but build-able cheek and lip stains. I was most excited to try this product as the cheek & lip stains I've tried, I've never really liked but I have heard great things about this one. In the tube, Flouron looks like a bright orange but when worn, it's actually a hot pink. These have a doe-foot applicator and the texture is liquid-gel like, which makes it very easy to blend and don't go on streaky. On cheeks, I just dot a small amount with the applicator and then blend with my fingers. On lips, I apply directly onto bare lips and use the applicator to sheer it out. As you layer the product, the color becomes more intense and has a slight dewy sheen to the cheeks and lips. Even after eating and drinking, the color is still on so it's a great product that you don't need to touch-up.

Overall, I'm really happy with these products and would try more from them. The only down-side is the pricing, which is a bit expensive but for good quality products, I would say they're worth it.


Glamour Girl

2 comments:

  1. nice review. i wanna try the stain but too steep for my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review and those glosses look so pretty :)

    New follower here :) great blog. Do check out my blog sometime :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails