September 14, 2010

Chic Shopaholic: Sephora, ALDO, Aveda Salon

So on the day I picked up my Neiman Marcus order, I also stopped by Sephora. I decided to make this a separate post though, as there's lots to write about. I bought some products that I've been wanting for a while and have heard great things about and so I'll be giving them a few trial runs and see if they're worth mentioning in my videos. I bought:
  • Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Mineral Finishing Powder. I mentioned this in my "Simple Summer Coral Peach-Gold Look" using just a sample of the product but really liked it so I thought I'd buy a full size.
  • Dior 'Amber Diamond' Diorskin Shimmer Star. I love highlighters and this one is shimmery but not glittery or overly frosty, just adds a nice sheen to the face. There are 5 colors in the compact: ivory, champagne, bronze, tan, and peach. You can use specific colors separately or blend all of them together.
  • Amazing Cosmetics 'Light Golden' Amazing Concealer ToGo. Full coverage for the face or under eye area, but I bought it for spot concealing. You only need a tiny amount and the texture is very creamy so it makes it easy to blend over blemishes. 
  • TheBalm 'Lighter Than Light' Time Balm Concealer. Yes, another concealer but this is for the under eye area and apparently upon the description, an "anti-wrinkle concealer". It has really nice coverage, creamy texture to blend easily on the sensitive skin under the eye area and it comes with a sponge that you can use for touch-ups. It's quite flimsy though so I'll probably just toss it.

I also went to ALDO which is a shoes, accessories and bags store. I can usually find cute rings at reasonable prices ($20-) and so I bought a couple rings, both of which I have in other colors. The purple flower I have in peach with gold bands and the black-rhinestone trio I have in silver. I think accessories are a great way to complete any outfit. I also bought a hair elastic ball lol. My sister is always losing hers and asks me for one so I thought this would be good for us to share. ;)



Last thing I want to share is that same day, I had a hair appointment at Aveda Salon and it was my first time going there. I've been going to Marsha Nadalin Salon for a long time but kind of wanted a change and see what other salons were out there. My stylist was Howard and I had told him that I like my hair long but needed a trim to get rid of some the weight and cut more layers in. As this was my first time meeting him, I showed him a bunch of photos of styles I like and explained to him how much time I spend on my hair. I think it's really important to communicate well with your stylist so that they can fully understand what look you want and you know exactly what the stylist is doing. The overall style isn't much different but I did manage to cut off 2 inches! I was a bit surprised at first but like how light my hair feels and I can still curl it so that was important. :P

Here's a photo of my new cut, styled straight, which I rarely wear but it's a nice natural and simple look for me. But I gotta have it styled n' glamourized. ;)

New hair! Whatcha think? :)

Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails