September 08, 2010

Chic Shopaholic: Labor Day Weekend; MAC & Forever 21

I don't know how everyone else spends their Labor Day weekend, but I spend mine shopping. :P I went to Pearlridge Shopping Center, expecting it to be super crowded with Labor Day sales everywhere but it was surprising a "normal" shopping day.

After buying Florabundance Lipglass in my most recent haul, in I've been wanting to get more non-glittery or shimmery lipglosses so I stopped by M.A.C to check out the Cremesheen Glasses. I love shimmery glosses but sometimes a matte creamy gloss just looks a little more simple and polished. Cremesheen Glasses are a combination of the Cremesheen Lipsticks and Lipglasses, so they have that creamy medium pigmentation with a glossy shine. I bought Fashion Scoop which is a light neutral pink, it has a tiny bit of a pearl shimmer in it if you look real close but barely detectable on the lips. They're not as sticky as the Lipglasses which I really like and for that reason I'll definitely be trying more colors next time. What are your favorite non-shimmery glosses?

I also picked up Silver Dusk Iridescent Powder which is a beautiful pale silver-pink loose shimmer powder. Great to highlight on the cheekbone and I think it would pair really nicely on top of Benefit Highbeam which is a liquid pale pearly-pink highlighter.

Last product I bought was Tete-A-Tint Eyeshadow which is a matte warm caramel brown color. It's very similar to Soft Brown Eyeshadow but more pigmented and orange-y tone. I'll be giving this a try when I contour my eye to create a deeper crease and see which I like better.

After makeup shopping I was in search of a birthday dress (turning 22 this month!). On past birthdays I've found really pretty dresses at Forever 21 so I decided to try there. I'm planning to use the NARS Only You Eye & Cheek palette so I wanted something to coordinate with it. I found a black dress that has gold sparkles on the top half of the dress, really pretty and I can wear on other occasions. I also found a short grey furry jacket that kind of makes me look like a rich Russian girl lol, but it's so pretty! Not sure if I'm going to wear the jacket and black dress together or maybe find another dress for the jacket. I have two birthday dinners so I might just try find another dress. ;)


Black w/ gold sparkles -
Potential birthday dress

Cropped light-grey fur jacket - so cute!




















I also bought two casual dresses, a black & cream zebra print spaghetti-strap and a purple & pink tube dress. I have the tube dress in orange and cream which I love because it's so soft and comfortable to wear. I was super happy I found a purple one. :D


Black & cream zebra-print
spaghetti strapped dress
Purple & pink floral tube dress






















Well, that's it on how I spent my Labor Day weekend! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and thanks for reading!

Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails