- ACQUA DI PARMA: Colonia Miniture hatbox w/ EDT, Bath & Shower Gel, Body Cream; min. $150
- AMOREPACIFIC: Signature pouch w/ Vitalizing Masque, Treatment Enzyme Peel, Intensive Vitalizing Eye Complex, Future Response Age Defense Creme; min. $250
- ANTHOUSA: Vanilla Grapefruit & Blood Orange Candle; min. $90
- ANTIICA FARMACISTA: Organza bag w/ Aqua Body Moisturizer, Tealight Candle in Orange Blossom, Lilac & Jasmine; $92
- BABY QUASAR: Pure Silk; w/ purchase of Baby Quarsar Red Laser Light Thereapy
- BALENCIAGA: Signature bag; purchase of any large Balenciaga fragrance spray
- BEAUTY BY CLINICA IVO PITANGUAY: Box w/ BodyCare Exfoliating Gel; min. $300
- BLISS: Lemon and Sage Body Butter, Blood Orange and White Pepper Soapy Suds; min. $30
- BOBBI BROWN: Extra Eye Repair Crem, 'Black' Extreme Party Mascara, Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover, full size 'Heather' Long-Wear Cream Shadow; min. $125
- BOUCHERON: Femme EDP or Pour Homme EDT Spray; purchase of any large Boucheron fragrance spray
- BVLGARI: Pour Homme Soir (EDT, Shower Gel, After Shave Emulsion); min. $88. Jasmine Noir (EDT and Body Lotion); min. $100. Black train case w/ Radiance Facial Exfoliator, Radiance Toning Lotion, Jasmine Noir EDP, spa gift card, your choice of Serum Precieux and Creme Precieuse Riche or Elixir Merveilleux and Baume Merveilleux; min. $200
- BURBERRY: Men's overnight bag or 3 Burberry Sport for Men EDT; purchase any small Burberry men's fragrance spray. Women's overnight bag or 3 Burberry Sport EDT Sprays; purchase any small Burberry women's fragrance spray
- CARTIER: Delices de Cartier EDP or Roadster EDT; min. $125
- CHANTECAILLE: Orange satin pouch w/ Retinal Intense, Fruit and Flower Acids Mask, 'Mirth' or 'Crystalline' Brilliant Gloss, 'Vetyver' or 'Kalimantan' EDP vial-on-card, Flower Infused Cleansing Milk; min $125
- CHLOE: Beige pouch w/ EDP, Body Lotion, Shower Gel; puchase any large Chloe fragrance spray
- CLARISONIC: Blue bag w/ Sensitive Brush Head; purchase of Clarisonic Plus or Mia
- CLE DE PEAU BEAUTE: Signature bag w/ La Creme, Restoring Body Cream, Intensive Facial Contour Serum, Smoothing Base for Lines; min. $300
- CLINIQUE: Cosmetic travel bag w/ Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream, DDML, 'Black Honey' Almost Lipstic, Black High Lengths Mascara, 'Sparkling Sage and Daybreak Colour Surge Eyeshadow Duo, Take the Day Off Makeup Remover; min. $65
- DAVID YURMAN: Body Cream; min. $85
- DIOR: White pouch w/ L'Or de Vie La Creme, Black Diorshow Mascara, Pink Flirt Dior Addict Ultra Gloss, J'Adore EDP; min. $125
- DOLCE & GABBANA: Light Blue Pour Homme RDT Spray; purchase any small D&G men's fragrance spray. Light Blue pouch; purchase any small D&G women's fragrance spray
- DUC DE VERVINS: After Shave Balm; min. $90
- ESTEE LAUDER: Navy cosmetics bag w/ Black Sumptuous Mascara, Lash Primer Plus; min. $100
- FEKKAI: Advanced Sheer Hold Hairspray; min. $85
- FREKAS: Silver metal charm key chain, EDP; purchase any Fracas fragrance
August 29, 2010
Neiman Marcus Beauty Event is coming up on September 10-19 and today was the pre-sale in which you could put the items you wanted to buy on hold and pick it up anytime when the event starts. They don't actually charge you, instead they take down your credit card number (or I used debit) and they'll charge it on the 9th. The SA gave me a pamphlet with a list of the gifts that each the brand is giving and the minimum you have to spend so I thought I would share them:
August 16, 2010
I decided to start a new topic on my blog called "Chic Shopaholic" which will basically be about my shopping experiences of the day, pictures and descriptions of what I bought and some tips on getting the most of your shopping (so it's not just me showing off what I bought :P). I try not to shop too often but when I do, I make sure I really want it and compare it with other products. Hopefully you'll find this interesting and this will fill in time until I can post my next video.
|Some of Sawako's purchases!:|
* Luxe Nail Spa Gift Card (possibly another girly day outing?)
* M.A.C Pro 4 Pan palette
* M.A.C Rubenesque Paint Pot
So on Friday I went shopping with my friend Sawako, a trip we've been planning for a while as she wanted my advice on buying makeup. She wanted a beachy look, loves the color purple, and something quick and easy. I took her to M.A.C, a good place to start that has variety and isn't too expensive. She likes cream eyeshadows because they're easy to apply, so I showed her the Paint Pots. She picked out Rubenesque which is a frosty peachy-gold color (I'll actually be using it in my next tutorial!). I told her she could also use cream eyeshadows as bases for powder eyeshadows and told her about M.A.C's Pro 4 Pan Palette that you can customize and are easy to take with you. The colors she chose were: Paradisco, a frosty pinky-coral with gold shimmer to go with Rubenesque; Creme de Violet, a pinkish-violet with gold shimmer; Beauty Marked, a matte blackened-red with red shimmer that she could use as an eyeliner; and Dazzlelight which is a pearly neutral cream-yellow color, great as a highlight and one of my personal favorites. She was really happy with her purchases as they are colors that she can wear on its own or together.
There wasn't much I needed from M.A.C (shock!) but I did pick up a couple things and had two Back-to-M.A.C (B2M) sets that I could exchange. (a recycling program that you turn 6 empty M.A.C products and you can receive one free lipstick, Lipglass, Lusterglass, or eyeshadow, excluding Viva Glams or special packaging products). I got:
- Brush Cleaner, always need a back-up
- #3 Lashes, planning to layer with another #3
- Hang Loose Mineralized Blush Duo, a pearly cool pink and a shimmery pale lavender from the In The Groove Collection, last one at the store!
- Liquid Lurex Lipstick, a frosty goldish-green with pink shimmer from Digi-Dazzle Collection and one of my B2M items. An odd color to wear on its own but can be fun to layer on top of other colors for a fun effect
- Florabundance Lipglass, a pale milky pinky-peach color and my other B2M item
We also stopped by Sephora since there were a bunch of products I wanted to test out before I bought it. I checked out the much sought after Urban Decay Naked palette even though I knew it was going to be sold out, and I have to say it's a very pretty palette full of wearable neutral shades. Most had a shimmer finish but nothing overly glittery, plus a few mattes. I think once the hype dies down, I may buy it myself. ;) After testing out least 20 things that I had on my list, I ended up only buying:
- TheBalm Hot Mama Blush, a shimmery peachy-pink color. I recently bought Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter which I'm loving so I wanted to try other TheBalm products. Love the retro packaging!
- Too Faced Retractable Kabuki Brush for my mineral foundation. Super soft, cute pink packaging with flowers on it, and just a great tool to store some powder in the brush and take with you for touch-ups.
|Some of my makeup purchases and samples...I'm not the greatest at taking photos |
so please bare with me! Hopefully I'll do better next time. ;)
I also wanted to try some of Chanel's foundations and so we stopped by the Chanel boutique, even though my Neiman Marcus carries Chanel. We waited about 5-10 minutes before a SA, named Sean, came. He apologized for the wait but he was really helpful and answered questions on the products I wanted to test. I was interested in the Teint Innocence Fluid and Vitalumiere foundations. Teint Innocence was supposed to have the lightest coverage out of all the foundations but the texture was actually kind of thick. Vitalumiere was more liquid-y in texture which I liked and gives medium build-able coverage. He offered to give samples of the Vitalumiere in two shades (Ivoire and Limpide) plus some skincare samples. I'll be trying the foundations this week and if I like them, I'll definitely by it at this boutique just because of the great service I had.
|Sawako and I having a coffee break!|
Last store we stopped at was Forever 21. They have decent quality clothing to buy trendy pieces at an affordable price. Even their bags and accessories are pretty nice. I was able to find four things, each under $20. Here are some photos of what I got...Maybe I'll start doing an Outfit of the Day post! ;)
|Olive green button-up shirt|
|A simple everyday grey spaghetti strapped dress|
|Pink, blue, purple, black and white spaghetti strapped top... |
So many makeup look possibilities!
|Blue, green floral print dress, |
another pretty outfit to do fun makeup looks with!
Anyway, that was my shopping experience! I'm really happy with my purchases and will try to use some of it in my videos, especially the makeup. I'm also glad I had nice SAs...I know sometimes they can be rude, unhelpful, and push to just sell the products but when you meet nice ones, it makes the shopping experience that much better. Until next time, thanks for reading!
♥ Glamour Girl