July 10, 2010

Today's Client: Sarah, TV News Reporter Look

So a friend is working on her resume to become a TV news reporter and asked me to do her makeup. She's making videos to send out to various news stations of her reporting the news, so I did her makeup that would show up well for TV. I've never really done makeup for TV but there are some key factors to keep in mind, such as: lighting (indoor studio or outdoor daylight), high definition TV, etc.

Since it's the news that's important and not really on how she looks, I wanted to keep the color palette pretty neutral but with definition and not be distracting. I used browns on the eyes, some bronzer and warm peach-bronze on the cheeks to warm her skin, and a neutral medium-pinky color on the lips. Her complexion was really nice and so I didn't need to use much foundation, concealer or powder but I did subtly contour and highlight the face. I also used a bit of shimmer just on the highlight points (brow-bone/inner corner) and even used false lashes to define her eyes.

Overall, I'm really happy with the look and more importantly she was too! :)


Products I used:

Face:
  • mark. Honey Face Xpert
  • yaby Flawless Concealer palette (various shades mixed together)
  • mark. Honey Powder Buff
  • Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Makeup Bronzing Base
  • Benefit Hoola
  • M.A.C Definitive Sculpting Powder
  • M.A.C Sunbasque Blush
Eyes:
  • M.A.C Layin Low Paint Pot
  • M.A.C Texture Eyeshadow
  • M.A.C Folie Eyeshadow
  • M.A.C Showstopper Eyeshadow
  • M.A.C Dazzlelight Eyeshadow
  • yaby es154 Abyss Eyeshadow
  • Make Up For Ever 0L Aqua Eyes
  • M.A.C Cork Eyeshadow
    Lips:
    • M.A.C Whirl Lip Pencil
    • M.A.C Honeylove Lipstick
    • M.AC Steppin' Out Dazzleglass
    • M.A.C Tres Cher Lipglass

    Glamour Girl

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails