There are 3 different type of Style Session classes: Spot on Trend, Style it Up and Street to Runway. We had the Spot On Trend which was about the trends you see on celebrities on and off the red carpet and when you want to look "A-List" ready in a pinch. Each Makeup Artist also used models from the audience which I thought was cool. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take photos of the looks but here's a breakdown on some of the products they used.
Me and Victor C.!
Ivette is the Trainer for all the Makeup Artists in Hawaii and Guam. Her station was "The Rebel", focusing on the eyes inspired by Rihanna: a subtle dramatic golden eye with black liner and thick lashes.
- Rubenesque Paint Pot (base)
- Nylon Eyeshadow (highlight)
- Amber Lights Eyeshadow (lid)
- Soft Brown Eyeshadow (crease)
- a purple Eyeshadow that I can't remember the name! (lower lashline for a pop of color)
- Graphblack Technakohl Liner
- Opulash Mascara
- #3 Lashes
- Magenta Lip Pencil
- Creme de la Femme Lipstick
- Extra Amps Dazzleglass
Tiffany works at the M.A.C Store and her station was "Suburban Urban", a look inspired by Angelina Jolie that was for the modern woman who wanted to look a little made up but not overdone.
- Soft Ochre Paint Pot (base)
- Dazzlelight Eyeshadow (highlight)
- Soba Eyeshadow (crease)
- Corduroy Eyeshadow (outer corner crease)
- Black Tied Eyeshadow (liner)
- Phone Number Eye Kohl
- Prep + Prime Lash
- Opulash Mascara
- #20 Lashes
- Dainty Mineralize Blush
- Beurre Cremestick Liner
- Viva Glam Cyndi
Victor is a Senior Makeup Artist that has worked for M.A.C for over 15 years and his station was "The Ingenue", focusing on the skin. On celebrities like Nicole Kidman or Jennifer Aniston, you'll see them have barely any makeup but just a hint of warm tone colors and looking fresh.
- Lightful Deep Ultramoisture Creme
- Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50
- Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15
- Bronze Bronzing
- Springsheen Blush
- Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
- Indianwood Paint Pot (base)
- Naked Lunch Eyeshadow (highlight)
- Fascinating Eye Kohl (waterline)
- Opulash Mascara
- Freckletone Lipstick
- Moth to Flame Dazzleglass
I bought a few things....:
- 138 brush - Super soft, great for blush, bronzer, contouring/highlighting, powder.
- 272 brush - I forgot I had this but doesn't hurt to have 2 right? The angled tip is great for the crease to define or for the outer corner of the crease. It doesn't seem to be on the M.A.C websites but it's similar to the 275 brush. They may be discontinuing it but you can check your local M.A.C store/counter to see if they still have it.
- Temperature Rising Lip Pencil - From the To the Beach Collection, it's super bright orange shade (perfect for Lime Crime's My Perfect Rocket Lipstick which I'll be doing a tutorial for soon! ;).
- Blue Herizon Liquidlast Liner - A medium bright royal blue, I realized I didn't have this shade of liner color. :P
- Kinda Sexy Lipstick - Matte neutral light rose shade, very pretty and feminine.
Overall, I really enjoyed the class. It was much more interactive and "entertaining" then their usual PRO Classes and it was easier to talk with the Makeup Artists. But although the 3 stations was fun, I think I learn more in the "sit-down lecture type" seminars because they take more time in explaining the steps and sharing tips and tricks. I love having Victor teaching the class though - this was my third time being taught from him. He's so nice, super funny and of course a great Makeup Artist. If he's coming to your M.A.C PRO Class, definitely attend.
That's it for my notes, hope you all learned something! I'll be posting a bunch of tutorials soon so stay tuned! :)
Me, Victor and my mom!
♥ Glamour Girl