March 05, 2010

M.A.C One-on-One Class: Scott Barnes Inspired

Today I took a one-on-one lesson at my MAC store. I love these lessons because for $100, you get a 90-minute makeup lesson with any of the certified Makeup Artists and learn whatever look you want; natural, everyday to over-the-top drag queen lol. Plus, you get 20% off on all products for a month*! This may be my 8th or 9th lesson (can't keep track!) and I've always learned something new from each MA.

The look I wanted was something dramatic but with neutral colors, sort of Jennifer Lopez-ish. I also wanted to learn how to contour and highlight the face. So I took a page from the new Scott Barnes's book I picked up recently but made it a bit more dramatic. I learned a lot of new techniques, can't remember them all but promise to show them in upcoming videos. One of my favorite tips though was how to make your lower liner last longer. My liner always smudges, doesn't matter what I use or how I apply it. But Heidi (the MA,duh) used the Liquidlast Liner and smudged with a pencil brush, then set and softened it with eyeshadows. I've been wearing the look all day and it hasn't budged! Definitely need to practice this technique.








Tools/Brushes:
  • 130, 138, 225, 195, 213, 224, 222, 219
Face Products:
  • NC15 (highlight) & NC30 (base) Mineralize Foundation SPF 15
  • Gesso & Blanc Type Eyeshadow (highlight)
  • NC45 Studio Fix (contour)
  • Medium Mineralize Skinfinish
  • Melba Blush
Eye Products:
  • Untitled Paint
  • Blanc Type Eyeshadow (highlight)
  • Gesso Eyeshadow (highlight)
  • Tete-A-Tint Eyeshadow (crease)
  • Swiss Chocolate Eyeshadow (crease)
  • Sketch Eyeshadow (crease, outer & inner corners)
  • Antiqued Eyeshadow (lid)
  • Carbon Eyeshadow (outer & inner corners)
  • Engraved Powerpoint Eye Pencil (top & bottom waterline)
  • Point Black Liquidlast (lower lashline)
  • #3 Lashes
  • Lingering Eye Brow Pencil
Lip Products:
  • Naked Liner Lip Pencil (define)
  • Boldly Bare Lip Pencil (fill in)
  • Richer, Lusher Cremesheen Glass

Thanks Heidi!


* Not on special packaging and Viva Glam products.
* PRO card users will not get additional 20% off.

Glamour Girl

    2 comments:

    1. It´s amazing, I love it and it looks so good on you, Are you gonna recreat it in one of your tutorials?

      kiss

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love a pumped out neutral look and it's simply gorgeous on you!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts with Thumbnails